Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainy Day in Port Orange

A warm, steady rain lasted all day. This was a perfect day to stay in the studio and paint.

Last evening, I gathered sweet miniature roses from my garden and put them in a little cream pitcher. This morning, I decided to paint my little set-up on a 6"x6" gallery wrapped canvas. My challenge was to allow the vivid roses to dominate the painting, while creating an interesting white pitcher and light background. I think I achieved this by adding subtle color to the background and pitcher and allowing the roses to dominate. This was painted in oils (my favorite medium).

Tomorrow I will open my brand new Etsy shop called Trudy Beard Lazaroe Art.  I will offer this painting and others and some little surprises from time to time. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Also, I hope you will take a minute and check out my website: http://www.trudybearddesigns.com/ AND, if you are on Facebook, look me up and we can be FB friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment